Hariyali has organised a seed collection – cum – trek to Munda Dongar on 4th May 2014.
This site is off Ghodbunder road, approx. 14-15 km. from Thane station. There is plenty of public transport available. All the ST buses starting from Thane station heading towards Borivali, Bhayander, Vasai are suitable. In addition, there are BEST buses route no. 700 or 700AS, TMT buses for Borivali and Mira Road, Mira Bhayander Corporation buses all available at Thane station. One should be able to get a bus in less than 10 minutes. The stop to get down is either “Coca Cola Depot” or adjacent “Kajupada”. Buses usually take around 25 minutes from Thane station to destination stop. Likewise there would be buses from Borivali heading towards Thane with same-named bus stops. This route also takes around 25-30 minutes.
Trek to Munda Dongar takes about 25-30 minutes when taken non-stop and is through dense forest with a climb of about 600 ft.
Please note following pre-requisites. Everyone should
1. Wear attire covering legs and arms to the extent possible. Avoid Bermudas, shorts etc.
2. Wear appropriate footwear. Avoid chappals.
3. Carry at least 3 polythene bags for collection of seeds.
4. Carry large bottle of drinking water.
5. Carry one-time snacks for self.
Camera is optional (but the site is picturesque).